SPONSORIf you like this content, be sure you click here and support iState's ability to deliver to you news for the iStater, the state of one.
(FreeCoast Fest – Day 2 – Dover, NH)
Diane Murphy taught in public schools for 30 years before she retired early to build BigFish, an innovative self-directed learning community in Dover, NH. I had the pleasure of speaking with Diane at the FreeCoast Festival and of hearing her presentation on BigFish. We sat down to discuss her past experience, current efforts and passion for self-directed learning and integrating teens into the real world.
– Diane’s path out of public school
– properties of natural learning
– physical costs of school
– A new model for a self-directed learning center
– Cooperation and competition can work together
– Community networking for real-world education and training
– How teens move from a school to a self-directed learning community
– Outcomes for self-directed learners
– Building online portfolios
– How public school teachers are kept in line
Please Support The “School Sucks Across America” Tour!
Your continued support keeps the show going and growing, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering this message. This subscription also grants you access to the A/V Club, a bonus content section with 200+ hours of exclusive audio and video.
If you are a regular consumer of our media, please consider making a monthly commitment by selecting the best option for you…