- iSDaily Thursday – February 15th, 2018 – Episode 030
Article Follows after show promotion [...]The post iSDaily Thursday – February 15th, 2018 – Episode 030 appeared first on iState. […]
From The Vonu Podcast
On this episode of The Vonu Podcast, Shane is joined once again by Jason Boothe to examine more suggestions from previous freedom-seekers, taken from the recently published libertarian publication, Ocean Freedom Notes.
Specifically, the proposal of free communities on icebergs and in Antarctica, as well as potentially mining icebergs for profit…seriously. Article discussed include:
- Free Community on Ice (May 1984)
- Antarctica Peninsula (July 1988)
- Ice Island: A Mobile Research, Political Outpost for Canada (NY Times, Aug. 21, 1988)
- Ice Island by Jim Stumm (Dec. 1989)
- Antarctic Ice Mining (May 1990)
Jason & Shane attempt to answer these questions: Is it economically feasible? Environmentally feasible? Is it even worth it? Does it truly make you more invulnerable to coercion? And much, much more.
1) We discussed the Alcalufe tribe from the South Chilean Region at the beginning of this episode. If you want to learn more about them, visit the Wikipedia page, as well as the documentary, The Pearl Button (FREE online, make sure you have AdBlocker on–or, view it on Netflix if you don’t speak Spanish.)
Share it around and consider financially supporting the podcast–we need YOUR help to keep this podcast going. You can become a patron on Patreon for exclusive content by clicking the image below. You can also click here to donate via PayPal, Bitcoin, and altcoins.